Useful links for short stay in Leiden.
Leiden in general
- A page discribing the rich history of Leiden, with focus on culture and sciencewith nice list of museums by
(Centre for Science and Technology Studies).
A page with a calendar all kinds of activities in Leiden:
A nice page about Leiden vs. Amsterdam:
by a British bloke
If you email your experience, I can make this list more useful.
- A list of all rentals through all real estate agencies is
jaap.nl is in Dutch.
- From a group of real estate agencies:
- No idea what kind of list
Or are you looking for a room?
Going out in Leiden
- A page in Dutch, but very complete with all events:
In the neighbourhood of Leiden.
- Information for expats / internationals living in Leiden.
Here is the page of the
Nightlife: Bars & Clubs in Leiden.
- I would have added the page of jazz-cafe
De Twee Spieghels... but that's me.
- Near the 'Twee Spieghels' is also my favorite cafe to eat:
Eetcafé de Hooykist.
- And between those two, you find a very typical bar,
mostly for people over 40,
Café de Bonte Koe
Second hand stuff in Leiden
- A lot of stuff is offered by internationals leaving Leiden on this
page. You can also offer your stuff there.
- Here is a really big
recycle shop (they also deliver goods),
- and the bike shop nextdoor
the bike shop
- I have good experiences with the bikes from
- A list, with ratings, in Dutch of
second hand stores